Teacher & Instructional
Teach at WESD!
Teachers at Washington Elementary School District are more than just great educators. We have a passion for serving children and impacting our community at large.
- WESD believes in the potential of every young student.
- WESD teaches children from varying backgrounds.
- WESD uses data and sets goals to drive instruction.
- WESD is open to trying new research strategies.
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development
- Employee assistance program
- Free Health Care
- Discounted Dual Spouse Health Care
- Discounted Daycare
- After School Stipends
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Free Paraprofessional Assessments
- Up to 22 Paid Holidays
- Employer-Matched State Retirement Contributions
- Free Microsoft Office Package
Why You Should Teach in WESD
New Teacher Induction Program
Teacher Support & Leadership Opportunities
Alternative Pathways to Teaching
Salary Information & Loan Forgiveness
School & District Instructional Specialist
Leadership and Growth Opportunities
Impacting the students you serve is an incredible benefit of teaching at WESD, and that’s not all we have to offer. You will also enjoy benefits to improve instruction and advance your career. Share new objectives during two hours of professional development time every Wednesday, or discuss lesson plans at weekly meetings with other teachers in the District. If you would like to grow into a leadership role, we also offer the following opportunities:
- Teacher Leader
- Cadre Leader
- After-school Coordinator
- Summer Coordinator
- Student Service Specialist
- School-based Instructional Coach
- District-based Program Coach
- District Instructional Coach
- Assistant Principal
Special Education Teachers
WESD offers a variety of special education programs to meet the needs of our students.
Guest teachers play an important role in the classroom, providing an outstanding education experience that supports the District's mission of student achievement, preparing all students to become responsible, successful contributors to our diverse society. If you hold a substitute or standard teaching certificate and are interested in joining our team of substitute teachers, please apply online.
- Substitutes determine their own work schedule
- Automated absence management system
- Substitutes determine which schools, grades, and subjects they prefer
- Great opportunity to establish rapport school administration
- Many substitutes are hired into permanent teaching positions
- Daily rates starting at $100 per day
- Short or long-term opportunities