Teacher Interview Fair
In-Person and Virtual Interviews
Call 602-347-2622 to pre-schedule an interview.
When: Saturday, March 25, 2023 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: 4650 W. Sweetwater Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85304
Walk-ins welcome until 11:45 a.m.!
About Washington Elementary School District
Washington Elementary School District (WESD) is comprised of 32 schools (19 K-6 schools, one K-5 schools, seven K-8 schools and five middle/junior high schools) and is proud to serve a diverse population in north central Phoenix Valley and east Glendale. The District is well-known for their cohesive atmosphere, professional development opportunities, wonderful mentoring program, and a remarkable support staff. Full-day Kindergarten, Art, Music, PE are offered at all schools.
Who We Are Looking For
Our teachers are passionate educators who empower our students to reach their full potential. Whether you’re just starting out, an experienced teacher or somewhere in between, we invite you to join our District and work alongside other talented teachers.
- Multi-year induction program
- Induction program for alternative pathways
- Weekly professional learning communities (PLC)
- Free year-round professional development training for all teachers
- National Board Certified Support
- National Board Pre-Candidacy Training
- ASPIRE program for aspiring leaders and administrators
Student Teachers & Interns
Are you ready to refine your teaching skills and gain classroom experience? Our student teachers make a difference from day one. Start working beside our skilled and inspirational teachers today!
Our staff is a big deal and they are imperative to our District. If you’re looking to do meaningful work and grow with an organization, you’ll thrive in our District!
- Free professional development hours
- Job embedded training
Our dedicated leaders keep our schools running smoothly through their outstanding guidance and collaboration. If you’re ready to inspire and make your mark at WESD, lead with us today!
- Leadership professional development
- Ongoing professional learning academy (PLA)
- Two-year induction program
Why Choose WESD?
WESD Cares! When you join the WESD Family, you'll experience a sense of camaraderie because we foster strong connections within each school and encourage collaboration across the District. Our focus on student excellence, employee success, and an inclusive culture is what sets us apart. No matter the role here, people who have the passion, commitment and desire to deliver quality education will find a rewarding experience. Together, we can serve a diverse student body by helping every child realize his or her potential.
Comprehensive Employee Benefits
WESD is proud to offer a variety of excellent benefits and perks to ensure the health and well-being of our employees by continuing to offer a work-life balance, paid holidays, a wellness program and much more! Here’s a little taste of what you can expect as a team member in our school district.
- Single Medical and Dental Plans with No-cost Premiums
- Family Coverage
- Dual Spouse Health Insurance Discount
- Voluntary Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account with District Contribution
- Minimum of 10 leave accrual days per year
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Medical Leave Donation
- Site visits to provide no cost health services
- District Size: We put more resources in the classroom
- Tuition Discount: Partnership with local colleges and universities
- Discounted Child Care: Before- and After-school Programs
- Incentive Pay: To reward employees holding National Board Certificates
- Supplemental Income Opportunities: Athletic coaches, after-school instructors, summer academy instructors, and more.
- Paid Holidays: 13-22 days
- Retirement: Matching Retirement Contribution & Supplemental Retirement Opportunities
- Recognition: Employee of the Month, Lamp of Learning, and WESD Apple Award
- Student loan forgiveness
- Free Microsoft Office Package per Employee
- Teacher Certification Assistance
- Free Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) training
- Free paraprofessional exam
- Promotional Opportunities