Build Dreams. Change Lives.
Join us and achieve excellence for every child, every day, every opportunity.
Working at Washington Elementary School District
Whether you’re a new graduate, experienced teacher or passionate professional, we invite you to join one of our 32 schools and work with talented teachers.
Join our team and bring your excellence. Together, we can serve a diverse student body by helping every child realize his or her potential.
Have the Passion? Join Us.
Teachers at Washington Elementary School District are more than just great educators. We have a passion for serving children and impacting our community at large.
If you are wondering if WESD is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you believe in the potential of every young student?
- Do you want to teach children from varying backgrounds?
- Do you set goals in the classroom and in your life?
- Do you use data to know if instruction is working?
- Are you open to trying new research approaches?
Why You Should Join WESD
Get ready to join one big happy family. You'll experience a sense of camaraderie because we foster strong connections within each school and encourage collaboration across the District.
You’ll build relationships through professional development time on Wednesdays and by sharing ideas with teachers from other schools.
Plus, you’ll speak with administrators and the District Office personnel, so you can share suggestions and make a difference for your colleagues and children.
Teacher Support and Professional Development
New Teacher Program
Our BEGIN program is a three-year teacher induction program, in which new teachers across the District meet to share best practices and collaborate about instruction.
Teacher Leadership Training
Our year-long Aspire Program can help you move quickly into leadership roles and career advancement—by exploring departmental and school based competencies.
Free Development Classes
You can choose from many free professional development classes at no cost to you. Most of our classes can also count for hours as recertification.
Instructional & District Coaches
Our program coaches work as mentors to all of our teachers—by helping them reflect on instruction and find ways to improve what they’re doing in the classroom.
Subject Matter Experts
We also invest in your education by inviting experts to speak at our schools; you can learn new best practices and implement them in your classroom.
New Administration Training (NAT)
Our NAT program is for first and second year administrators and focuses on transformational and instructional leadership—through coaching, mentoring, and problem solving.
WESD is dedicated to ensuring the health and well-being of employees by continuing to offer a comprehensive benefit package with several medical plans, including no-cost options. In addition to our benefits package, the District offers additional perks to support your career:
- District Size: We put more resources in the classroom
- Tuition Discount: Partnership with Grand Canyon University
- Discounted Child Care: Before- and After-school Programs
- Incentive Pay: To reward employees holding National Board Certificates
- Supplemental Income Opportunities
- 24 Days of Holiday Pay
- Medical Leave Donation
- Single Medical and Dental Plans with No-cost Premiums
- Family Coverage
- Voluntary Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account with District Contribution