Governing Board Approved Salary
Principal (at site)
CLASS SUMMARY: Under general direction, incumbent(s) teaches one or more subjects to students by following and/or creating lesson plans, instructing to students using different teaching techniques, monitoring students, and maintaining appropriate discipline.
Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement lesson plans. Grades papers and materials upon request.
Maintains school discipline that includes providing safety and health services to students in the classroom environment.
Monitors students and ensures safety on the playground and the cafeteria area before school, during breakfast and lunch, and during recess. Reports any unusual incidents or injury to school administration. Accompanies students from classrooms to other areas including the library, playground, and cafeteria and to buses to ensure orderly behavior.
Interacts effectively with students, parents, staff members, and Principal. Meets with parents to discuss progress and problems.
Assigns lessons and homework to supplement established lesson plans.
Accounts for school and classroom time schedules. Keeps attendance records on all students.
Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the state and the school district.
Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in any field acceptable to the Department of Education;
· Valid Arizona Department of Education substitute certificate;
· Valid Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card.
It is preferred that applicant possess the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
· Bachelor’s degree in education;
· Valid Arizona Department of Education teacher certificate;
· Two years of experience working with children.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
· Supervising children including safety and health issues;
· Developing age-appropriate lessons for children;
· Instructing children;
· Identifying safety hazards to children;
· Demonstrating child development theories;
· Using typical activities within a classroom environment;
· Working with children;
· Demonstrating appropriate techniques and procedures;
· Facilitating group activities in a learning environment;
· Preparing classroom for various activities;
· Reading and following lesson plans;
· Applying school rules, policies and procedures;
· Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 133