Pay Grade: AH
Starting Salary: $68,355 (year of experience is considered for salary placement)
Accountable To: Director of Capital Projects and Maintenance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: November 19, 2018
In general direction, incumbent oversees the maintenance staff, budget, functions and expectations for the District. Incumbent administers the District’s energy management, HVAC system programming, Drinking Water Program, work order systems, warranty management, property claims, grants, and other maintenance-related functions.
- Oversees all maintenance functions of all District-related facilities.
- Oversees the goal settings, measurements, and evaluations for the Maintenance Department.
- Oversees the energy management of the District. Manages HVAC system programming for facilities usage and after hour events.
- Supervises staff to include the maintenance and facilities support managers. Assists with the recruitment, professional development and retention of staff.
- Develops procedures and expectations and trains and communicates them to staff.
- Identifies, completes and submits School Facilities Board (SFB) building renewal grant and other grant applications.
- Oversees the Drinking Water Program for the District.
- Oversees the maintenance work order systems.
- Oversees the warranty management of District facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates and tracks all property claims.
- Manages the budget of the Maintenance Department.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to include district and school administration, maintenance staff, school facilities staff, State and local agencies, community members, etc.
- Ensures that facilities comply with federal, state and local codes and regulations.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High school diploma,
- Five years of Facilities Management or Construction-related experience,
- Three years of Supervisory experience.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Construction, Operations, Business, or related field
- Five years of Management experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Knowing federal, state and local codes and regulations governing maintenance;
- Applying supervisory techniques;
- Resolving staff conflicts;
- Knowing safety precautions;
- Operating applicable equipment;
- Knowing goal setting models;
- Generating and analyzing reports;
- Knowing how to provide professional, written documentation;
- Reading and understanding labels and materials safety data sheets;
- Having knowledge of environmental issues;
- Leading various teams to accomplish set goals;
- Understanding Arizona School Facilities Board requirements;
- Reading and understanding technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics;
- Understanding current energy management strategies and related technology;
- Working knowledge of computer software programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 208