Academic Intervention Specialist - Reading
Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Position Control: 2920
Accountable To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) provides leadership, support, and expertise for the implementation of the reading and mathematics curricula and facilitates efforts with teachers and students to ensure that every student can read and perform mathematically at grade level.
- Uses research-based reading and mathematics instructional programs and strategies to improve student learning.
- Provides coaching and modeling to teachers in organizing literacy and/or mathematics instruction, student assessment, lesson design, and instructional delivery, including collaboratively planning lessons.
- Monitors and analyzes reading and/or mathematics instructional assessment data, utilizing disaggregated student achievement data to plan and deliver instruction.
- Monitors student progress in reading and/or mathematics.
- Works collaboratively with Principal, Program Coach, and teaching staff to facilitate training and support for the implementation of the reading and/or mathematics curricula and related assessments.
- Actively participates in professional development activities that are provided by the District and/or by professional development organizations.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Education;
- Three years of teaching experience;
- Valid Arizona Department of Education Teacher Certificate
- Reading Specialist K-12 Endorsement
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- One year of remedial program experience;
- One year of curriculum, instruction and assessment program experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Demonstrating effective instructional skills;
- Demonstrating knowledge of literacy-rich environments and concepts of print;
- Demonstrating knowledge of research-based reading and mathematics instructional programs and strategies;
- Demonstrating knowledge of District curricula, assessment, and instructional programs;
- Knowledge of core reading programs, mathematical programs, and the six traits of writing;
- Demonstrating knowledge of the interpretation of assessment data;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Monday, December 2, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)